When your clothes are covered in pilling, it can sometimes make you feel less put together. Luckily, it's easy to get rid of those pesky little fuzz balls on the surface of your clothes. All you need is a quick fabric shave!
The Pilo 2 from Steamery is by far our favorite fabric shaver for home use. We love a sleek garment care device—especially when it looks so good that you want to keep it on display instead of putting it away—but the design alone isn't how this shaver got into our #1 spot.
Here are the many reasons why we love the Pilo 2:
- It's small, lightweight and fits comfortably in your hand.
- It's reliable and effective. You can easily clean up fuzz and pilling to make worn out items look fresh and new again.
- You get ~1 hour of continuous use on a full charge.
- Speaking of, all you need is a USB-C cable to charge it, so you can use this device worldwide.
- It works so well on knit accessories, sweaters (including wool, cashmere and alpaca) and even tricky items like yoga leggings and nubby decorative pillowcases.
- It's easy to clean. Simply twist off the top, dump out the fuzz and use the small brush (included) to clean around the blades.
We often say "Don't throw out or donate a piece of clothing just because it's covered in pilling." The same goes for devices—don't give up on them when you can troubleshoot! The Pilo 2 should last you for years if you take good care of it.
If the shaver ever starts to sound different or it looks like it's running out of power faster than usual, here's what you can do:
1. Make sure the device is charged. When it's plugged in there's a light that gently pulses, and after some time has passed, you'll see the light stop pulsing. This indicates a full charge.
2. Make sure the inner compartment is clean. Depending on the types of fabrics you've been shaving, the captured debris might be making it hard for the blades to move. Make sure you dispose the fuzz regularly and brush any debris off the blades and back of the shield.
3. Make sure the blades are in the correct position before closing the device. This is a big one! Do not use force when putting the top on. If the placement of the inner components is correct, the top should easily twist back on without the need for force. The device will not turn on/stay on if the blades are not in the right place.
We've found that it helps to hold the device upside down so that the blades don't move around (think: holding an empty jar upside down). Place the blades on the upside down "lid" and have the body meet the lid (instead of the other way around). Use the two small dots on the side as a guide when twisting the two pieces back together. It should easily click back into place.
If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We love the Pilo 2 and we're always here to help!
P.S. Oprah loves this fabric shaver too! ;)
Text and in-use photo by Mutia Adisoma
Stylized photo by Gerald Riedler
Gif by Team Clean